5th May is World Hand Hygiene Day! Each year the SAVE LIVES: Clean Your Hands campaign aims to progress the goal of maintaining a global profile on the importance of hand hygiene in healthcare and to ‘bring people together’ in support of hand hygiene improvement globally. We are delighted to once again be supporting this years World Hand Hygiene Day, 2023 campaign!
For World Hand Hygiene Day 2023, the World Health Organization (WHO) are putting civil society organizations (CSOs) in focus. Driven by their passion, values and strong social justice agendas, and often in close proximity to the communities they serve, CSOs can spearhead and accelerate change at local, national and international levels.
WHO is calling on all CSOs to engage with the campaign and accelerate progress at achieving effective hand hygiene at point of care!
Together, we can accelerate action to prevent infections and antimicrobial resistance in health care and build a culture of safety and quality in which hand hygiene improvement is given high priority.
Slogan: Accelerate action together. SAVE LIVES – Clean Your Hands
- Strengthen and empower communities of actors in health care to accelerate action to improve hand hygiene and infection prevention and control at point of care.
- Foster collaboration and working together of people and organizations towards the common goal of minimizing the risk of infections and the development of antimicrobial resistance in health care
This year’s calls to action:
- Health and care workers: Love the 5 moments.
- IPC practitioners: Lead the way for clean hands.
- Policy makers: Invest for health and dignity.
- Those who access care: Join the movement.
There is a wide range of campaign materials such as posters, social media tiles available for you to use. Visit the 2023 world hand hygiene day campaign webpage to view and download all of these materials. Assets are available in English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian and Chinese.
- A campaign guide – this guide was prepared with civil society and other partner organizations in mind to support their activities in the campaign in 2023 but it is available for anyone to use
- Campaign posters – use these to promote the calls to action
- Web banners – to promote World Hand Hygiene Day on your website
- Short campaign video (available in vertical downloadable format for use on some social media platforms)
- Campaign slide set
- Poster maker
- Global webinar email invitations
- Template email communication messages
- Go social! Use #handhygiene #infectionprevention #cleanhands Use the example messages and tiles to prepare your own and repost WHO messages to ensure campaign reach!
World Hand Hygiene Day is an opportunity to promote hand hygiene best practice through training and education.
For SureWash customers looking to incorporate their SureWash devices into their activities, we can help with promotional material for your device(s):
- Promotional Attract loops (screen savers)
- 5 Moments for Hand Hygiene Lesson
- 5 Moments for Hand Hygiene Quiz
To avail of World Hand Hygiene Day, 2023 materials, please email email@example.com with your device serial number.